The Supply Chain Management Review, excerpting from the new book Straight to the Bottom Line (Rudzki, Smock, Katzorke, and Stewart), asks the following questions as it relates to your current supply management process. Provocative and worthy of discussion at your next staff meeting.
- Are your supply chain goals integrated into the strategic plan?
- Can you identify yourcheif purchasing professional? What is their relationship to you?
- Does your procurement team have top and bottom line objectives?
- Do you have the right leadership in your procurement function?
- What is the interdisciplinary relationship like in your company?
- What are the opportunities for training and personal improvement in your organization?