The U.S. Government Census Bureau has released their 2004 statistics on the transportation industry. The industry segment on the report includes truck transportation, couriers, messengers, warehousing and storage. There was an aggregate increase of $20 billion from 2003-2004.
- Truck transportation was up 10.4% to $186 billion.
- Courier and messenger revenue was up 4% to $62 billion.
- Long distance general freight revenue was up 10.7% to $105 billion.
- Hazardous materials shipments were up 9.4% to $10 billion.
- See the article in Logistics Today for some additional statistics.